27 January Letter from Mr. Kelly
Friday of the 3rd Week in Ordinary Time
Dear SJS Catholic School Community,
We are all looking forward to Catholic Schools Week next week. The special events help highlight the many blessings we have at SJS! Thanks to all the teachers and students for their willingness to participate. Also, thanks to our Home and School Association who work to make the week special. Don’t forget the fun and free ice-skating party that the Home and School is sponsoring this Sunday as well. This week is sure to be a celebration of who we are, and that is proudly a Catholic school.
February 9th is our 2nd semester Parent/Teacher Conference Day. As in previous years, these conferences are not mandatory but can be called by a parent or teacher. You will receive a paper form today (if not already) that outlines the online sign-up process if interested. If you did not receive that form, please contact your homeroom teacher. So, teachers may request a conference, if so it is marked on that paper form. And parents can also ask for a conference, just follow the directions given.
Don’t forget to spread the word about our upcoming Preschool and Kindergarten Roundup on the 17th. If you have a friend that would be a good fit at SJS have them contact the office. And, if you have a visible location for a school yard sign just let contact the office and we will send one home. Thanks for all you do.
As you talk to your friends about SJS it can be helpful to remember some of SJS’s selling points:
Here are just a few SJS highlights-
- Catholic based education
- Participation by students at Mass twice a week
- Student led Masses
- Very warm, friendly, welcoming, community atmosphere
- Strong parental involvement/many chances to volunteer
- Experienced dedicated teachers- average 13 years in the classroom
- Many teachers with advanced degrees
- Computer curriculum taught by certificated staff
- Students receive instruction in Spanish and Fine Arts
- Excellent music, technology, and PE programs
- SJS students receive high scores on standardized tests
- Small classroom enrollment
- Modern academic curriculum that is faith based
- All day Kindergarten and Pre Kindergarten
- 3 and 4 year old preschool
- After school care program
- Before school care available
- Registered nurse and counselor on site
- School is fully staffed
The future is bright at SJS!