Virtual Backpack ~ August 17, 2018
Click on Weekly Flyers on Left to view flyers on items below.
|for the week of August 14|
|SJS School Website|
To make online payments go to school website above and click on online payments.
Do not mark SJS emails as spam. Doing so will remove your family from our batch email lists.
|Link||HELP WANTED ~Sign up now to work at SOAR, the biggest SJS event.|
|Join Girl Scouts - St. James has troops K-6th and we would love to have you join. We will be having a parent meeting on August 22nd at 5:30pm in the SJ Parish Center for anyone interested in joining. Questions please contact Crystal Anderson, SJS Girl Scout School Liaison, 402-278-2311,|
|Link||Come run with our pack! Cub Scout Pack 380 will have our annual kickoff carnival and registration, Friday, August 24 at 7pm in the St James/Seton Gym. Our pack is open to all boys kindergarten through 5th grade even if you never tried scouting before or don’t attend SJS school! Den meetings will start in September. For a whole year of scout fun, dues are just $80 for the first boy and $70 for each additional boy in the same family (Wellcare Nebraska members receive discounts. Financial needs grants are also available). We have a closed facebook group to keep our families updated and to see all of fun activities. Cub Scouts Pack 380 of SJS|
HOME & SCHOOL NEWS AND EVENTS:
*Please join the parent's Facebook page. This is a great community where we post activities, questions, and helpful information. Here is the page name, Parents of SJS
**Home and School Association invites you to Discover SJS Sunday, August 19th- What does your school have to offer you??
All participants will be entered into a drawing for prizes.
Topics will include:
*Dine out for SJS - August 28th - Villagio Pizzeria - All day! 6922 N 102nd Cir
**Fundraiser - Coupon Books - Starts August 27th - More information to come!
*First HSA meeting is Wednesday, September 5th at 7pm at SEA Parish Center
****Don't forget to turn in your light green forms that were in your welcome packet - Please turn in even if you don't plan to contribute to the classroom parties/staff appreciation.
Hello Little Flowers Families!
* We are getting ready to start another year of Little Flowers and I hope that you will be joining us again! The first meeting will be on Monday, September 25th, in the St. James Parish Center from 3:15-4:30pm.
* I am attaching a new informational flyer and registration sheet for you to fill out or share with anyone who might be interested. I will also be printing off the forms and sending them home with all girls from preschool on up to 4th grade next week if you want to wait for the forms to come.
* Please let me know by September 5th whether or not your daughter will be returning so that I can order the member guides and patch sets and get them in time for first meeting.
* If you are interested in volunteering this year, you will receive a $20 discount if you can come each month, a $10 discount if you can come every other month. (This discount includes student volunteers, too.) Please put your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice for volunteering, and we will put you where you are needed most.
* Please let me know if you have any questions, and I wanted to let you know that my flower pot is still blooming beautifully! Thanks, again!
May God bless the new school year for all of your families!